Last summer, a friend recommended I write up a mission statement for my life, and so I did.
My mission is to live my life as purposefully as possible, to identify my intentions and pursue actively those desires that will bring me a rich, full life. To help me in that goal, I will
• embrace life and people: smile at everyone and give hugs liberally
• maintain awareness and choose proactively
• maintain a balance between activity and rest, extrovertism and introvertism
• provide time for quiet rejuvenation
• strive to overcome the default mode
• say yes more often than no
• try new things and seek out new opportunities.