.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Photo or painting of Praying Rocks?

On 9/17 I posted a picture of "praying rocks." I had received this graphic from a friend and found it beautiful and soothing. I wondered, however, to whom the picture should be attributed.

At any rate, today, while fussing about on the urban legends site, I learned this particular photo, or image, has been referred to the UL numerous times. UL did some research and learned that the image is not a photo, but a painting - so this image of rocks at pray is not naturally occurring in nature, but the result of human inspiration. That doesn't particularly matter to me - I don't really care how the image came into being - I still find it beautiful.

But UL is trying to track down the source of the image. So if anyone out there knows .... let UL (and me) know.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_praying_rocks.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home