.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Haunting

(rough draft)

You come to me at night.
Wreck my bed, my sleep.
Toss me, turn me. A wraith, a ghost.
I cannot touch you and you are impervious to my pleas.

You follow me to the grocery store.

Once, as I held a Valencia orange to my nose, breathed in its aroma,
you stood right behind my shoulder,
the soft touch of your lips grazing my earlobe.
I heard your whispers, recognized the timbre of your voice.
And fled the store, hastily dropping the tear-marked orange
onto a pile of nectarines.
Stranded. Forlorn. Yearning.

You came to me last night.
Held me from behind, whispering in my ear as we both looked into a mirror.
Your touch delicate, almost intangible.
Your voice soft, rich, flowing as Siamese silk.

I woke without sorrow.
Woke with forgiveness

for a change.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jack K. said...

Making peace is sometimes a painful process. Hopefully you will find bliss as a result.

May 02, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

nice. a tribute any lover would cherish. and a liberation for you flap and swoosh. how happy i am for you. soar on!

/(soft) grrrrrrrrrrr

May 02, 2006 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think even the best exterminators can get rid of incubi... it's a time thing...

May 02, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Nice, Beautiful Bird.

May 02, 2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

I love the sound of this, Bird. It reads well aloud. It's sensuous and moving.

May 03, 2006 1:48 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

ardlair - both.

May 03, 2006 10:55 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

this is lovely, very moving. Sigh. Its made me very wistful.

Thanks for the plagiarism link, I'll check it out. I'm still cross about it!

Most people wouldn't know what ptb means, yanks or otherwise! Its become a bit of a shorthand in a certain blog-circle since Trac went to stay with Tat (links on my blog) and they drank a lot and left "poo tit bum" comments on everyone elses blogs. Puerile, yes. Funny, very. Quite a handy shorthand too!

May 05, 2006 4:34 AM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Bird Beauty,
I think they's a song that says speaks to the idea of salvaging something of the relationship when it is over...
Pretty melody, Josh Groban's

Broken Vow

"I need to understand
why you and I came to an end...
(more lyrics)

Tell me the words I never said,'
the tears you never shed...

(more lyrcs)

I'd give away my soul
to hold you once again
and never let this promise end

I let you go
I let you fly
Now that I know why I'm asking why
I let you go
A way to keep somehow
More than a broken vow.

May 06, 2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

thanks for these lyrics AB.

May 06, 2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

Josh Groban is good, pretty voice.
sorry for the pain, boyed.
those pictures at k9's are pretty amazing.
i love the one of you writing...made me want to cry it was so special.
rose piercing breast is pretty intense.
but your heart grows back as you teach the young birdies to soar.

love ya!

May 07, 2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home