.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Flying Home

Flap, flap and away for me!

I’m off to stretch my wings on a brief, migratory path. While I’m away, I hope you all will visit

http://redheadedwoodpecker.blogspot.com/2007/01/poll-about-home-please-take-time-to.html

and respond the questions there about “home.”

For myself, I often think of home more as a collection of people than a place. And so, though I am leaving my roost, my home, for a short trip, I am also headed home to a spot northeast of here – to spend time with two dear friends – my friends from Thailand who have been in the States now since December. These friends are family – and family is HOME.

Flap/Flap/Swoosh!

4 Comments:

Blogger boneman said...

absolutely!

oops....sorry, 'teach', I fergot we were supposed to go to the other place and say "home"....

January 09, 2007 1:26 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

Home is where the heart is.
Home is where love dwells.
Home is where it feels safe to be you.
Home is being surrounded by good people.

Fly to those that love you.
Your home is also with me.

January 11, 2007 4:00 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

still on your migratory path? well i will check back on sunday...i mean scholls gotta start soon, right?

/grrrrr

January 12, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Little Lamb said...

I had a dream about you, Bird. I posted about it on my blog.

January 12, 2007 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home