.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Bird Takes A Lover

But no ordinary lover. I have been in love and yearning for the touch of this lover – to be kissed a soft, smooth kiss, to be held in cool arms that wrap themselves slowly and tenderly around my waist, for a long time. This love of mine is older than me, and when we first met, I, being but fifteen, was seduced, captivated by this love’s sophistication, charm, glamour. This love of mine treated me kindly, played with me, toyed with me, in a gentle way, ruffling my hair, smiling at me, tracing suggestively the contours of my face, my slim, curvy adolescent body, letting me know I was seen, I was felt. But though I wanted to consummate this love, my love would not have me – would not go quite so far as I, in my school girl crush, wanted to go.

But it was no school girl crush. For years, this love has been in my heart. And as I have grown and changed from those teenaged years, I’ve wanted this lover to see that I am a girl no longer, but a woman – and I know a thing or two now that I didn’t know before. Even during my marriage, I thought of this lover who is raucous and rowdy, sentimental and romantic – and found ways to be close, to circle the perimeter. For a long time, it was enough just to be within range, to see this lover occasionally and fantasize of what life with this lover would be like if only we could be together.

But it is no longer enough to dream of this love’s touch. My desire is no longer controllable – I cannot live without my love. I am compelled to do something – anything – to be with this lover, to consummate this love I have felt so long and so passionately, this love that began in my girlhood and has never left me. It must be true love; it must be my destiny.

I know, I know, I sound like a school girl even now. But I don’t care – I don’t care. I will have my love, and my love will have me!

For all these years that I have longed for this lover – this lover has been waiting for me – for me! All I had to do was make one, simple move – provide one sure action that told my love I was ready. That is all my love has been waiting for.

So I am making my move. And my love is willing and waiting for me. By August 18th, I will at last be with this love of mine. I am happy, excited, joyful, tingly with desire. I can hardly wait to hold this love in my arms and be held, to tease, play, and fulfill my love’s needs, to be teased, played and fulfilled in return.

But there is much to be done before I can rest in my lover’s arms. To keep me focused, to assure me of my love’s affection and desire, I have a picture of my lover, sprawled out seductively before me, open and willing, waiting for me, inviting me to play:


Yes, this is my love, my beloved San Francisco, and that is what I will see every day, from my new living room window – my lover, beckoning to me to venture forth, to come out and play, to run wild and enjoy all it has to offer, for my lover is a generous one and there is no end to its enchantments.

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome view!

it must be spectacular
to see this in the night

congratulations on your new crib with the million dollar view, bird

i am so excited for you

/t.

July 27, 2007 10:41 AM  
Blogger Little Lamb said...

So you love San Francisco. You even have the Golden Gate Bridge there.

July 27, 2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

It is a gorgeous city, Bird--so, uh....youse hostin' the next blog summit so we can all see your city??

July 27, 2007 4:54 PM  
Blogger Bird said...

/t. - i can hardly wait to see the view myself at night - and i'll certainly snap a photo and post it.

ll: yes indeed, the Golden Gate Bridge. And many another spectacular sight. all mine now! hee hee hee!

AB: absolutely - we need a San Francisco blog summit. although our blogger core seems to be primarily on the east coast, i'll happily host a summit in my beautiful city. got a date in mind?

July 27, 2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

all the love from the cityand us be with you.
just don't forget your soul family here on the peninsula that love to feed you!!
cj+dj

July 27, 2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

boydie! oh the food, the food! the gelato. the fish! great italian..the seafood on the sidewalk! the birds! the damn FLOWERS! the climate out there makes for big healthy blooms...oh and the spectacular variety. the street fashion! being able to walk around and discover things, architecture, ..just a great walking city. good art! and of course the roy de forest's live there. nice hotels...great coffee. and your skin always looks great cause of the mist!!

so. when do i move in? grrrherhaha

i am so there for a blog summit. aunty will come. i will come. and hellys on the left coast too! theres our crab connection!

i am SO pleased for you. what a gorgeous day we had walking along the bay...i do love the weather. and i get out there at least once a year to go to HMB.

congratulations bird. you and your city together at last. this is indeed big love.

July 28, 2007 6:10 AM  
Blogger NameChanged said...

to finally complete your life/love journey...ahh. bliss

(formerly Mrs. B)

July 28, 2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

As usual your writing is wonderful. I could feel your desire. And to finally know this lover of yours is perfect.

Congratulations on your new digs with this wonderful view.

The city is quite wonderful. I have spent a few delightful days there many years ago.

I hope you are never satiated.

July 28, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

....wait! This is an older picture, I'm sure....
See?
Way down the avenue, way, way down there...there's a guy waving.
A big ol' hick visitin' from Indiana.
Wavin' t'beat the band!

But I doubt (seriously doubt!) that I'll make it there by the 18th.

Y'know. Starvin' artist and all....

July 28, 2007 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bird - I was practically at plateau phase until I saw that picture of Frisco... why must you tease me thus?

it's ok to have a schoolgirl crush, so long as you wear one of those little schoolgirl uniforms for your lover... mmm mmm mmm...

enjoy 8/18!

August 01, 2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger Polly said...

Wonderful writing as usual.
Moving is such an exciting, scary, exhausting time.
Stay calm and all thoughts fly to you and to your new beloved city. You spoke of it like I feel about the sea. Beautiful stuff.

Take care and all the best to you, your new lover and your new life.

August 02, 2007 4:54 PM  
Blogger boneman said...

dang....the arguement seems to sound like hillary wants to nuke the muslims into submission.
Perhaps she didn't hear about how goldwater lost the election?

August 03, 2007 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boney:
what hell is going on now? i have been on a news moratorium (busy sorting, packing,and raadyingfor my move), so i've not been following the dems and their campaign discourse - except to know that there's been some sparring now between the obama and clinton.

btw - you were correct at the previous post - in my very first election, i, daughter of democrats and even then a liberal, voted for Ford over Carter. shocking, isn't it?

flap/flap/swoosh!

August 03, 2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

Not so shocking if you were as bombarded by the negative media as we were in Indiana....
Still, Ford WAS a good man (except for the one flaw of executive forgiveness there, which no doubt actually led the way to reagan's later breach of morals, and now, the breach of dubya's morals, assumming he ever had any...)

And indeed, it is infighting at its worse...
Without knowing great details of the matter, I'll merely rehash what I picked up via tv (NEVER a good source, but all I have, now)

The question (posed by whom?) came up about nukes and Afghanistan and Iraq and Obama's answer was no, he would not use them in that context.
Her response was that "that was unpresidential" and has berated him for the statement.

Hmmm.
I know that my own "quickie" take on it suggests that she would use nukes...
but, here's what drew me in for sure.
She had inside info for eight years on some activities up "there" and I think she just accidently spilled the beans with her attack on Obama who was closing in fast with money collecting and popularity.

Dang...I just went off on infighting dems big time.
probably a hundred words...maybe more.
Ate up scum republicans along the way.
Gave me indigestion.

Screw them! Screw'em all!

You're in the city and moving into a beautiful place in a couple of weeks. I wish I lived there so I could come over and help 'cause all my friends know I'm a great moving asset.
(not asset like in Bourne...)
(yeah....go see it! If you liked the first seven minutes of the new bond movie...the chase? then fell asleep for most of the rest of it...even maybe thought it was over before it was at halfway? Bourne Ultimatum is that openning chase TIMES 118 MINUTES!!!!DANG!!!!)

Anyway....good luck with the move.
Some people are living examples of goal setting, hard working individuals, and you surely seem to be one of them.
but, a lil luck never hurt anybody, either, eh?

August 03, 2007 4:36 PM  
Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Okay Bird-beauty, time is up...ain't'cha got that new nest spiffed up and unpacked YET?

There' some folks out here, ya know???

August 06, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger boneman said...

Auntie, I'll make the guess here...
Even if'n she is moved in and set t'go, she's out there on the streets with her "lover" as it were.
Dang. We'll be lucky if she posts again this month!

BODEGA BAY! That's the name of the place North of ya...Really great restaraunt there on the bay, reasonably priced and, if yer up for it, just a few more miles north is Goat Rock and some of the prettiest stones and rocks and stuff on the beach.

Now, if ya want a real flair for a day and a half (it'll be quite a trip, but, worth it IF the store is still there...)
Go south on the ocean highway...keep going till you see a "BANANAS" sign on the east side of the road...dang near two hundred miles (if not further) but not all the way to LA.
The bananas are reported to be some of the most exotic in the world. This guy has taken great task of growing bananas that taste like
An icecream cone
Chocolate Sudae
Vanilla Sundae
A BANANA SPLIT (just the banana, no ice cream, mind you)
and various other flavors.

I saw the special on his place near ten years ago on PBS. He first tried growing them in Boston, of all places.

August 09, 2007 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home