I have spent the last two weeks:
- wrapping up a summer program for at-risk high school kids
- doing some preliminary planning for a spring conference I coordinate (yes, the work starts now)
- finalizing my fall courses (yup, semester starts in two weeks)
- going to baseball games (nope, wasn't there the other night to see 756 - drats!)
- sorting possessions and packing for my move.
Found two forgotten boxes of keepsakes from my kids. Old report cards. Notes they wrote me. Ceramic hand prints. Yarn and sock dolls made by both my daughter and son. An old newspaper clipping about my son's winning soccer team when he was in the third grade. Elementary and middle school diplomas. Awards for music (son). Awards for cheerleading (daughter).
I've cleaned out closets - giving two bags of clothes to the Good Will. And culled my book collection -donating 5 boxes of books to the grad student organization at the university where I teach.
And lord have mercy - I dumped about 10 boxes full of old student work and lesson plans in the recycling bins. No need to keep hard copy of the LPs - it's all on the computer. And why have I been hanging on to old student work? I'm nuts!
But I've more packing to do, and moving day is the 14th.
So I am on hiatus - catch you on the flip side in a bit.
Hope y'all are enjoying the dog days of summer!