.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Is Bird Back?

The last time I posted on this blog was a little over a year ago. Hard to believe, as I look back over the infrequency of my postings that once upon a time, this was a thriving blog with regular posts and a regular readership that engaged in a lively discussion within the comments; I was part of a rich blogging community (which, from a quick swoop through cyberspace, I see is still alive and well).

I ponder whether to blog again. I wonder what has kept old blogger friends blogging all this while (K9, Chicory, Boggs, /T, to name a few). Is it wise or desirable to once again, invest time in blogging – composing, posting, and making regular swoops through the blogs of others (both beloved and reviled) and engage, engage, in this cyberspace community?

The Benefits
:
The blog still supports a certain level of anonymity and Facebook does not.
The blog allows for richer postings and Facebook does not.
Community in the blogosphere still exists and can be tapped into .
May force me into a regular writing practice again.

The Concerns:
Will I still become irritated with ill-mannered bloggers – which always bugged the shit out of me before? Will I handle this irritation differently?
Can a true community with substance be built?
Do I still have something to say? A story to tell? Of course I do – that’s a moot point, but leads to the next concern …
Do I want to tell it here?

A few updates about me
:
Still teaching.
Now a grandmother and in love with my grand-daughter.
Older than I used to be.
Try harder now not to become upset over politics or the course of the country.
Still in love with San Francisco.
Still in love with the Giants.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Grand questions, Bird Beauty.

I'll be watchin' fer the answers.

June 17, 2011 10:18 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

As far as I'm concerned you have never left. Yes, your postings have become less frequent. I do follow you in FB.

I like your questions. It will be interesting to learn your answers.

I have always enjoyed your writings.

You might want to read this posting to get another perspective on how we act and what we say.

I do understand the wonders that a grandchild can bring. Eli just turned two and will be coming to visit for a week next month. We just saw him, and his parents, for a long weekend in May. I can't remember having laughed so long, so hard or so often as when were were with him.

In the meantime, keep on doing what you do best.

June 18, 2011 8:38 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

there is another good thing about the blogs, oh Bird of the Skies...

and, as you already kNOW the rest of the story, all I need say is:

"I left my harp....
In Sam Clam's Disco..."

d=^))

June 21, 2011 10:08 PM  
Blogger chickory said...

welcome home. we shall go on as if you never left.

June 23, 2011 5:53 PM  
Blogger Yes said...

So I moseyed on back to find to my delight that you were still writing--and by gosh you always have something to say that is worth reading and even rereading for more meaning and enjoyment. Keep bringing it on!

July 02, 2011 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home