.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ginger-Sitting

This weekend, I have a four-footed companion, Ginger. Her family is out of town for the weekend. A few months back, I told her family if they ever needed a dog-sitter, they should call on me. And so they did.

Ginger and I went out to the beach this morning.


She absolutely had to roll in the sand:

After a good walk and a shower in at the beach, she graciously posed for this shot even though the sun was in her eyes:

Back at my apartment, she kept watch from my balcony on the neighborhood.

Later, she contented herself with relaxing on my balcony bench.

She humored me again by posing for these pictures:


I hope my dear four-footed companion, Kitty, in Thailand, isn't too jealous. But after all, Ginger is here and Kitty is there. See how I am?

11 Comments:

Blogger Jack K. said...

What is that old saying or song?

"If you are not with the one you love, love the one you're with.

I am sure Kitty will understand. lol

Ginger is absolutely beautiful. And, quite regal and majestic even after a good romp on the beach. I wonder if she is on to something, a roll in the sand before a bath/shower?

Great pics.

November 18, 2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Little Lamb said...

You cheated on Kitty. You cheater you.

November 18, 2006 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bird,

tan, white,
and pink...

a pink dog(!) -- only in california, eh...

she's very pretty

/t.

November 18, 2006 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm horrified. You westerners always come to my country and invoke the 10,000 kilometer rule to be unfaithful.
But I didn't think you would replace me so fast and even be so public about it.
You never took suggestive pictures like that of ME! (Thank God, or you post those shameless pictures for all to see, as if I were just a piece of meat!)
Just wait until the next time you want me on your lap and see what I put there.

Kitty.

November 18, 2006 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh oh,

somebody
is being catty!

perhaps a visit to my amusement park might lighten her mood, bird?

happy to be of service,

/t.

November 18, 2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

Pretty girl, with a pretty carer. What a picture you both must make walking on your beach in California. It is lovely to see the beach that starts (?) here and bumps into there (?). Both sides of the Pacific and we share the same water.
Nice thought.

She's a good dog. Good girl. Stay.

November 18, 2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Alas, poor Kitty is an accomplished techno-dog.

Methinks, the next time you visit Kitty more photos will be taken.

My guess is that she will eagerly greet you and tell her staff to bug off if they try to interfere. lol

Maybe you should post some of the Kitty pics you were keeping to yourself.

A pink dog, indeed. Only in California. lol

November 19, 2006 4:57 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

/bark bark bark

(soft) grrrrrr what a beauty! i wouldnt give ginger back!!
glad you bought the digital camera boyed....i love the shot of her in the chair on your balcony. it's so right!!!

/grrr

November 19, 2006 5:34 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

True enough, K9. That there pooch surely looks to be the majestic of those who perch on the chair.

As for the statue....it's a tough call. I find that most people actually request what they have at hand, be it great or belittling. However, the openning was a "quickie" from the bible (hmm...never thought you'de get a quickie out'a the bible, didja?) about no more tears and pain.
Strangely, that phrase could mean that we all reincarnate into plants and bugs and reptiles later, eh?
Hope not, 'cause I don't wanna eat any more bugs!

But, the dog is cool!
GINGER!

November 19, 2006 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Arf" she said.

zappa 1973

November 19, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

What a poser, she let you take both sides of her face, as if she doesn't have a bad side!!

;-)

November 19, 2006 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home