.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Lost in Secret Data Code

Greetings All!

My move is complete and I am happy as can be with my new digs.

Alas, I am experiencing massive technical difficulties, which prevent me from posting and commenting on other blogs (I am currently at my work computer). My own computer seems to have suddenly taken hold of some sort of secret data code - I type, but the characters that appear on the screen do not match the characters as they appear on my keyboad (see my recent comment on the last post - which is in the secret code).

Any suggestions for a fix? I am quite sure I have inadvertently commanded my computer to use this strange data code, but I do not know how to command it to return to the regular alphabet as it appears on my keyboard. Oh, woe is me!

Of course, it's pretty hard to be upset when I wake up to a gorgeous view. And I have been exploring my new neighborhood - taking daily walks to learn the area. My next step is to familiarize myself with the public transport (alas, cannot access the bus routes online at home at this time - so drove to the office instead).

Signing off for now - any code crackers out there - please respond!

7 Comments:

Blogger sparringK9 said...

look up on the keys above the numbers. on my computer (which is a mac) when i sometimes accidentally press one of the F keys and then all my other keys all change to gibberish...maybe something similar? hurry up cause i want to see your view. (you aint missin nothin at my blog) grrherhaha

August 20, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Whoopie, you have gotten moved in.

RATS, your computer is acting crazy.

If you have a MAC I might be able to stumble through some ideas. she gave a really good one.

My guess is that you subliminally changed the keyboard "codes" so you could enjoy your new neighborhood more.

As I think of possible ideas I will send them.

BTW, let me know what type of machine you are using and the operating system. I will do some research and let you know the outcomes.

ttfn

August 21, 2007 5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no code crackers - just crackers down here in FL! haha!

glad to hear you're all settled in... I'm not good at diagnosing computer problems, otherwise I'd be glad to make suggestions..

August 21, 2007 6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

* * ztt

* earth t* bird

* earth to bird

**zntt/z *

* come in, bird

* are you receiving ok?

* /t.

August 22, 2007 11:58 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

I have one suggestion I toss out everytime I hear of goofyness such as this occurring.
If you own your own software, then dump (uninstall everything) and reinstall it afterwords.
(can you tell I don't trust the computer machine thing?)

August 23, 2007 6:02 PM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

Oh I have had this problem too! and I have a Mac too, like She... lessee, I am trying to figure out what I did, it was either the numbers lock, or some other language I had selected somehow in the menu and I dunno how to tell you where that menu is, but it is the one that lets you select language, like chinese characters instead of english.

Otherwise, I know I fixed it one time by just shutting down the computer and rebooting it, and the language returned to default setting.

August 23, 2007 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

November 10, 2008 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home