.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

SOTU Drinking Game

This game need not be confined to the SOTU, but can be played during any Bush speech or press conference. The clock is ticking folks, you only have 355 days left in which to play this game.

Game intended for those 21 years of age or older.

Warning: This game may lead to binge drinking or alcohol poisoning. Have emergency numbers and cab fare to the nearest emergency room on hand prior to beginning of game.

Instructions:
Invite several friends to join you, procure numerous bottles of the alcoholic beverage of choice and the appropriate glasses to match for all participants.

Turn on the SOTU or any other speech or address Bush is giving. (You may certainly pre-record his mumblings for future gaming).

Whenever Bush says something which upsets any participant, all participants must take ONE shot of their alcoholic beverage of choice.

Whenever Bush lies, all participants must take TWO shots of their alcoholic beverage of choice.

New rule (inspired by Bogs): Whenever Bush says "nucular" all participants must take THREE shots of the alcoholic beverage of their choice.

Game is over when Bush finishes speaking or all participants pass out.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there will be many deaths as a result of this post, I assure you...

I thought this was going to be a "nucular" game... i.e. every time Bush says "nucular" you take a shot... I like yours better... a lot more drinking...

January 31, 2008 9:54 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

exactly bogs - MUCH more drinking.

but let's revise the rules of the game. every time bush says "nucular" everyone must take three shots.

how's that?

i have to drop off at the store tonight on my way home to pick up a bottle of vodka - with a vodka bottle and shotglass by my side, i will sit down and read your post. i'm sure i'll be too drunk to read much past the first few lines.

then again, i watched the speech live, so maybe i won't get as upset reading it. of course, the lies are still lies.

would somebody impeach this MFer!!??? Clinton lies about sex; Bush lies to take us to war and to thwart the Constitution. Hmmm... let's see, which is worse ...

why of course - lies about sex - gotta be worse! what was i thinking!

January 31, 2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Bogs, that deserves a drink. Use the bottle, forget the glass.

bird, I'm afraid I can't afford the game. Even if friends brought their own, I can't afford the game. You know, tax time.

It is a great game, though.

I am reminded of playing liars dice at a BOQ bar in Saigon in 1965-66. Booze was cheaper there. lol

February 01, 2008 4:46 AM  
Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

Bird, I absolutely LOVE it! I will pick up a bottle of my favorite rum on the way home tonight. I have gotten through about 75% of Pete's post, maybe with a little alcoholic lubrication I can handle the rest.

Sadly though, most of my friends are crazy (see, right wing nut job). Do you think it is acceptable to read/drink alone? Or will I not be able to stand the BS?


Great post!

February 01, 2008 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I counted 4 "nuculars" in there... that's 12 shots! and I don't do shots... ohhh, I am doomed!

February 01, 2008 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bird - when I wrote about too much talk and not enough action, I was referring to the Congress that refuses to end the war and hold Bush and his cronies responsible for their many misdeeds...

thanks for boosting my comment count!

February 02, 2008 8:00 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

sh....don't comment so loud.

i have a hangover.

February 02, 2008 8:36 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

uh-oh.
I only do wine now-a-days, and I absolutely don't go past three glasses.

On the other hand, perhaps the Democratic side of the legislature was playing the "game", too, because they couldn't even stand up.
(HA!)

what a monumentous waste of time watching that...
What was I hoping for, anyway? For an apology at the very least.
"Gee willikers, folks. I'm sorry I lied to get the war in Iraq started up. But, you see, reagan is my daddy and bin laden was his friend and I just didn't want to upset my daddy's friend. So what if 4000 troops will die in Iraq. My stocks in military industrial complex is going through the roof.
Gosh I'm sorry I'm making money hand over fist from this."

OK, so, maybe we'll never hear it, but, I'm always hoping.

February 03, 2008 7:05 AM  
Blogger Polly said...

I don't know whether or not there will be time enough to fill the shot glass, will there? You may as well put a straw in the bottle and drink throughout the whole speech!

February 14, 2008 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home