.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A May Morning in San Francisco

Last week, San Francisco experienced a heat wave: temps were in the 80s for a few days in a row; the sky – a clear, sharp blue – arced over the city as a joyous proclamation. The weather was so warm that last Friday night, as I waited for my bus on the corner of Market and Castro at 11:45PM, I wore no jacket, no sweater, no sweatshirt – just the thin, cotton, sleeveless blouse I had worn to the ballpark. My Giants sweatshirt remained in my backpack, unneeded, unwanted.

But the fog has rolled in again and my city is shrouded now in soft grey.






7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see by
these pics
that your city
is shrouded now in soft grey

still a lovely place, bird (!)

¤ ¤ ¤

/t.

May 20, 2008 4:18 PM  
Blogger Bird said...

Yes, I think so too, /t. I love this place. I never thought I could be so attached to geography. Amazing.

May 20, 2008 5:47 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

and headlights prominently on display no doubt!!
heh heh heh

May 20, 2008 7:47 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Great photos.

Sunshine is pleasant too.

I can see why you love the place.

Not many folks tune into their energy site. You have. Good for you.

May 21, 2008 7:13 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

even Steve liked 'em but Me?
I dunno much about town to know what I'm looking at except for beauty.

Hey, Teacher!
I wrote a poem off the cuff (no, not cheat, just let it fall out of my fingers as I was sitting at the computer, added to it a couple times, yeah....you're in it.

Thought you should be aprised of that....

May 21, 2008 6:45 PM  
Blogger boneman said...

The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again asked readers to
take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting,
or changing one letter, and supply a new definition .

Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the
person who doesn't get it.

(I thought it was cute considering how many times I probably didn't get it right, eh?)

May 24, 2008 7:52 PM  
Blogger boneman said...

then again, you would have probably liked this one, too, considering how much of this is around there....

Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

May 24, 2008 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home