.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Muse Bitch Slaps the Poet

Look, the muse tells her,
you are a pain in the ass right now.
Always complaining
this word isn’t quite right
that line break is off
the language cliché
the metaphor mixed
the repetition dull
the direction isn’t quite where you wanted to go.

Give me a break, you recalcitrant bitch.
You’re writing every day, aren’t you?

So quit your belly-aching
and be grateful I don’t
call the Block over
to teach you a thing or two about
inspiration and the lack thereof.

Inspirate this, bitch:

I need a break
so you gotta rely on Craft now.
And don’t give me any more of your lip
or I will lay your neck on the Block
faster than your fingers could ever fly across the keyboard.

See if you get any writing done then.



© 2008 Birdstory Publications

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i thought
my muse was a bitch

¤ ¤ ¤

/t.

June 10, 2008 2:52 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Thanks, bird, I needed that. But a bitch slap seemed a bit much. snicker.

I will endeavor to be a bit more patient and not pester Erato too much.

You might want to check out this site. I've known Molly for a number of years. Since she is a skylark, you two birds might get along. Or not. I will pass your site on to her as well.

June 11, 2008 8:31 AM  
Blogger sparringK9 said...

grhehehehrhrhehrherherhahahaha

June 12, 2008 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home