.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Words Matter!

Wednesday, Octboer 17th the final debate between John McCain and Barack Obama airs at 6PM Pacific Time out here on the West Coast.

If you're playing the debate drinking game, have your booze bottle (tequilla, rum, whiskey, scotch, what-have-you) and shot glasses readily at hand.

Take a shot whenever McCain says
:

my friends
maverick
he doesn't understand/he's naive (or variant thereof)
reform
Bonus Shots: Ayers, Wright

Take a shot whenever Obama says
:

um
look
failed policy
Bush
he voted 93% of the time with Bush (or variant thereof - this line requires two shots, one for Bush, and one for the main message of the line)
Bonus Shots: Hagee, Keating Five

Take a shot whenever either candidate says
:

change
middle class
working class
tax cuts
Main Street/Wall Street

Remember: in this game, WORDS MATTER.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bird,

that's 19 shots

you just know you're gonna hear ALL of this same old same old at least once

i'd never survive the night!

¤ ¤ ¤

/t.

October 12, 2008 9:07 AM  
Blogger J Cosmo Newbery said...

I'm with /t. Can I go with Pinot Noir and just have a sip when each trigger is reached? My cellar is only so big and my liver only so frisky...

October 12, 2008 1:42 PM  
Blogger Bird said...

this game is designed to provoke alcohol poisoning -that way - you end up dead before november 4th and don't have to worry about a thing.

October 12, 2008 5:53 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up. tehee.

Just think, only a few more weeks and the circus will begin anew.

Who will be the candidates on that day for the next go around? Hmmm.

October 13, 2008 4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im already in rehab.

October 13, 2008 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only watched the Palin-Biden debate... we'll see about this one... these things have a way of making me seeth...

another McCain variant thereof: "he just doesn't get it..."

another shot when you hear "POW"

you haven't been by for Bogs' Oktoberfest... tisk tisk...

October 13, 2008 6:13 PM  
Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

The only problem I see with your alcohol poisoning plan, is what if it does not kill me, only my liver? Then I need dialysis and my health insurance will be cancelled, and I will lose the house because I will be unemployed.

Well, I only managed 20 minutes of the last debate, because I get pissed off. Maybe I won't get too drunk in that length of time.

October 14, 2008 7:49 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

as I heard it, this game WOULD poison folks if they follwed the 'rules'....
so.
Where were the other two guys?
Nader...
and, dang. What's that other guy's name?

Here's a better idea.
Vote for Obama. Get the Bush team the hell away from the button.

Right after the swear in ceremonies, start working for a viable third party.

Don't let the other two parties put you off like they do every election.
Nose to the grindstone (OUCH!) and full steam ahead (Dang! That's HOT!) and stay steady at it till the job's done in time for 2012!

Or, what the hey...get drunk, cry in your beer for four more years (whoever wins) and start up th egames in 20211, again.

(boneman...don't be mean!)

nope.
Good ideas aren't being mean.

ENOUGH of the two party system and bRING ON THE FLIPPIN' TERM LIMITS!!

October 16, 2008 5:15 AM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

If you want some interesting words from Barak, read his book, "Dreams from my father". It is a fantastic read. I'm almost through reading it. He is an intelligent, articulate, caring person.

October 20, 2008 4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did everyone do? anyone else in rehab?

October 21, 2008 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will you be migrating back this way anytime soon?

October 27, 2008 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home