Bird’s Top Eleven Things To Love About America (randomly ordered)
2. An Internet relatively unfettered by censorship - let's keep it that way!
3. DeNali National Park.
4. Liberals and Liberalism!
5. Multiculturalism – in its better sense – i.e., despite failings and flaws and excesses, we work pretty damn hard at bringing a multitude of different cultural backgrounds together – and allow each other to respect and honor our roots – it’s part of being American.
6. San Francisco.
7. California’s beleaguered public higher-education system – needs protecting but in its heyday, we produced more college grads than any other state in the nation and at an affordable cost – we need to bring it back!
9. The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States of America.
11. The Bill of Rights - which gives me the right to burn my flag in protest or wave it wide and high - as I see fit! Now ain't that America? Truly the land of the free!