.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bird's Blog

Poetry, musings, observations, commentary, rants, confessions...and who knows what else!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Teacher, writer, poet, grandmother, lover, wine-drinker, chocolate eater, beach comber, hiker, traveler, Giants fan, San Franciscan. All work on this blog is copyrighted material.

Friday, March 10, 2006

CALLING ALL PATRIOTS!

When Bush first took control of the executive branch of our government, I watched the inaugural parade and speech on my television. I listened carefully to Bush’s speech and noted that he made a plea to the country – asking us to become involved with our country, to participate. I took his words to heart, hopped on public transit with a good friend, and journeyed up the Peninsula to San Francisco, to join thousands of like-minded citizens in protesting the ascendancy of Bush to the highest office of the land. It was the very least I could do.

But I've realized of late that I have been somewhat remiss – I haven’t done my fair share as a citizen, as a patriot of this great land. I've come to realize that in the remaining time Bush has in office, he really needs the help of the citizenry. Many of us have been fighting him too much, rather than supporting him in his difficult and complex job. As citizens, as patriots, we must help our President!

But what is the best way to help him? I’ve given this much thought; I’ve come to realize that what Bush really needs the most to help him now are brains. Yup, brains.

What can I do as a citizen to help my president develop some brain power?

What can YOU do to help our president develop some brain power?

It’s quite simple. Go to this link: http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap/3067907/graphic1.swf
and participate!

You owe it yourself, to your country, to your president!

TRUE PATRIOTS WILL NOT IGNORE THIS CALL TO DUTY! YOUR COUNTRY, YOUR PRESIDENT NEEDS YOU!

12 Comments:

Blogger Bird said...

I have neglected to pay tribute - the link for this posting comes from a comment made by our pal Jack on bogsblog.

Much obliged Jack!

March 10, 2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

Will it help, or is it too late. Will he need to re-do the junior grades so he can catch up, or will he be able to pay his way into high school? These and many more questions are needing an answer and Bird you are the person to do it. We look to you to lead us out of our complacency. Tally HO!!!!!

March 10, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Thank God, you found it. I couldn't remeber what I did with that URL. It was just to PATRIOTIC to keep to myself. Than you, bird, for placing it here. I love your message. There is so much truth to what you say. It is good to let the folks know that you don't have to join the military or government service to support Pres. Dubya. he obviously needs all of the help he can get. I think he needs some remedial training in the use of the ear piece he uses that feeds him his lines. It is very disheartening to have him pause where pauses are not called for. I just know he is waiting for the next few words. I realize the person on the other end of the "line" knows that Dubya can only handle a limited number of words at one time.

Your reminder to serve the country as a TRUE PATRIOT is well taken. I am ashamed to think that the more than 22 years active military service was enough. I will set about to do more. :-)) lol.

I love your sense of humor. Oops! You were being serious.

Make it a great one, whatever it is.

March 11, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

I really meant too patriotic.

March 11, 2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger Hellpig said...

I found the 3 secret bonus levels with score multipliers and damn if I didn't give enough brain power to rule the world. Sorry Bird the NWO is a reality,just go with it ;)

PIG-

March 11, 2006 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now Oz never did give nothing to the Tinman, that he didn't, didn't already have..."

that's as may be, but Oz nor God nor any other magical entity gave Bush any brains... Bush's brain is external to him, in the form of a little turd blossom named Rove...

March 12, 2006 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was great fun... now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go practice my love upon women across this great country...

btw, is it me or are these word verifications actually Dutch?

March 12, 2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Bird, this comment has nothing to do with your Patriot stuff. There is a young Canadian woman who might need a few friends right now. Please at least read Moon Watcher. Then proceed as your heart directs. Thanks.

March 13, 2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

I'll be the pesimist here. Just wait until 2008 and then he'll be gone. What else can I do?

March 13, 2006 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr q - he may be stripped of some power this year, if the midterm elections go as planned...

March 13, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Reverend X said...

I keep hearing about the limited time Bush has left in office... Go to the Library of Congress and taje a look art HR24 of the 109th Congress. I think it might surprise you.

March 14, 2006 1:38 AM  
Blogger Reverend X said...

HJ 24, sorry bout that.

March 14, 2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home